If you’ve booked a boudoir shoot you might want to know how to look - and feel - at your best when the day of the shoot arrives.
Here is my countdown to boudoir success..
Five days before your shoot…
• If you wax, do so a few days before your shoot to avoid any bumpiness or redness.
• Make sure your eyebrows are nicely shaped and groomed.
• If you’re planning to visit the salon for a haircut or colour, then give yourself a few days to make sure you are happy with it.
• Get a salon manicure and pedicure for a flawless finish.
• Stay out of the sun – while a base tan will be nice in photos, red, blotchy skin will not!
• PLEASE – DO NOT SPRAY TAN.
• Drink plenty of water for luminous skin.
• Lower your salt intake and avoid alcohol if you’re worried about retaining water.
• Try on your outfits and lingerie to make sure they fit properly; remove all tags and labels. Steam or iron your outfits and hang them properly so they keep their shape as you travel to the studio.
The day before your shoot…
• Bathe, shave (if you haven't waxed) and moisturise.
• Remove ALL price tags, size & care labels, etc. from clothing, especially from lingerie and knickers. They can ruin otherwise great photographs.
• Double-check everything is properly packed and ready for the shoot: heels, jewellery, accessories, props.
• Allow yourself plenty of time to get to the studio without stressing. Check weather and traffic reports to ensure you have allotted enough time for unexpected delays.
• Enjoy a relaxed, quiet evening.
• Plan for a good night’s sleep – eight hours is ideal.
The day of your shoot…
• Use clear deodorant, please.
• Wear loose-fitting clothing to your session to avoid red marks on your skin (no jeans, tight socks or tight clothing, for instance).
• Eat something light but filling before you leave the house.
• Most important: Take a deep breath and RELAX. It’s completely normal to be a little nervous before your shoot, but please don’t worry because you will be in very good hands. I will show you exactly how to pose and work with you to get the perfect shot.